8.9.08

Help rebuild daycare in Iloilo destroyed by Typhoon Frank

 
Daycare students in their uniforms.
My name is Malcolm Guy, I live in Montréal, Québec and and I am a member of the Centre d'appui aux Philippines - Centre for Philippine Concerns. I visited Iloilo on June 25, 2008, four days after Typhoon Frank had hit the island. I had a two-day research trip planned for an on-going documentary project on the island of Panay. I had seen the images on TV but had no idea of the impact on the lives of the local people. I was touched and felt the need to do something. It was hard to know where to start but my friends proposed that I help raise funds to rebuild a local daycare centre run in an urban poor section of the city of Iloilo.


You can find out more information about the daycare and how you can help on the website:
 http://pmm.qc.ca/panaydaycare/Introduction.html

-- Malcolm Guy

No comments: